Sunday, April 01, 2007

LAMARCKIAN EVOLUTION IN ACTION

Back before Darwin there were other theories of evolution. Science, and people prone to observing the world realized that animals appeared to adapt to their surroundings. Jean-Baptiste Lamarck theorized that traits were acquired by one generation, and passed on to succeeding generations. Thus, instead of being in-born, important characteristics were acquired by a generation, then encoded into the genes.

What is my example of Lamarckian evolution? I am amassing the traits of fatherhood. Presumably U will acquire them . . . well, Lamarck had some issues. Anyway, my evidence of my new traits? Yesterday I spent the morning with U. This included burping and changing him several times. I had a burp cloth slung over my shoulder. I went to Target, and to the hospital to get some blood taken off of U. The whole time I was out I felt like I had a wrinkle in my undershirt. I kept fidgeting with it. I got home and took my shirt off. I had a burp cloth under my shirt the entire day.

This is going to be a long ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home