Sunday, February 04, 2007

TRULY AN INDY 500

This is my 500th post on WAYLA. I was kind of saving it for a Bears Super Bowl win. Alas, there was a little more bad Rex than good, and it was not to be. Alas. Well, time to start over. XLII, here we come.

To add insult to injury, I thought I had the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle done last week, but as the eagle-eyed among you will know, 78 down, 92 across, and 93 down are wrong. What is a "PLATECREW" or "A Tale of 'ITUB'"? I don't know, but it seemed reasonable at the time. Like the Bears, I am starting over.

Finally, on-line and off-line feedback has helped convince us that Ida is probably off the list. Cecilia, Agnes, Anastasia, Clara, and Eleanor have replaced it. Cecilia is the patroness of music and musicians. My family stinks with musicians and L sings, so there is something there. Plus the Simon & Garfunkel tune. I like "Agnuska" as a nickname for Agnes, and we are moving to a Polish neighborhood. I have always liked Anastasia, but L is unenthusiastic. Clara and Eleanor are new to me, so I am still trying to figuring what I think about them.

By the way, no report on the Times. I spent the day packing boxes, then watching the Bears lose a Super Bowl.

Go Cubs (opening day is less than two months away)!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 500 - Clara all the way!!!!!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home