Wednesday, January 02, 2008

NEW YEAR'S DAY WRAP UP

OK. A few New Year's Day things. Keep in mind that now that I am old, I was not hung over, and I was up by 8:30 or so in the morning. In a Frank the Tank moment, I also went to Target on New Year's Day.

Anyway, let's start off with the most important thing. The Illini. Yes, they got waxed. That is undeniable. However, that does not, in any way, detract from my pride in that team. They went from terrible, so a BCS bowl game. In 2002 I saw them lose to San Jose F-ing State as part of the travelling road show that was my bachelor party. Notwithstanding the final score, remember that in the third quarter, they were a fumble away from making it a one possession game. Also keep in mind that Mendenhall hung 200+ yards on the number 2 defense in the country. Amid the destruction there were clear reasons to look forward to the future, and we have not been able to say that about Illini football since Lou Tepper got the head coaching job.

As you can see, U represented for the Illini hip-hop style.













In other New Year's Day events, I was not present for this, but feel compelled to share the footage, since I am related to at least one of these knuckleheads.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh yes what a great night. I remember it like it was just this past New Years.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home