Tuesday, October 24, 2006

THAT'S A BIT PERSONAL

Tonight I took a cab home from work. Things started out unusually when there were no cabs available. What is that? Anyway, a cab finally came roaring up to get me. The driver looked like Florida Evans. I am not even kidding. She was a woman, and she was Florida. It was . . . dyno-mite! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, things were proceeding apace. We were at Lawrence and Ashland and a news story came on the radio that a judge in Cook County had decided the case of the contested circumcision. In this case a divorced couple was in court fighting because the mother wanted the eight-year old to have a circumcision (click the link. I dare you), while the father was fighting it. The judge decided that the kid would have to get his own circumcision as an adult if he wanted one.

Now, I can see Florida Evans looking a little cock-eyed (no pun intended). I have this sinking feeling as she looks at me in the mirror and starts to talk. Oh yes. She went there. I believe the quote was "eight year old? Aren't most boys circumcised? Are you circumcised? I mean, if you don't mind my asking." If I don't mind her asking? Really? Is it possible that I would not mind? Florida Freakin' Evans is asking about my genitals. Do I mind? Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!

By the way, I played the lawyer to the end and deftly avoided her question by simply saying that it was much more common in the United States than Europe, so maybe the parents were European immigrants. Then we were quiet for the last, long mile home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are there two guys in the 4Restore ad? Not that there is anything wrong with that. Maybe they are just sitting around talking about how much they miss their foreskins.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home