Wednesday, April 12, 2006

HIGH SPEED MANICURE

This evening I took a class at The Chopping Block in Lincoln Square. The class was a gift from L for my birthday. In 2005. I figured I better use it before my birthday in 2006.

The class was knife skills. They supplied the class with high end German and Japanese knives. Ten inch knives. Eight inch knives. Japanese vegetable knives. Paring knives. Knivey knives. All kinds of tremendously sharp knives. They taught us basic cuts and cutting technique. It was pretty good.

I was chopping and dicing pretty well. I was remembering to keep my fingers tucked away while I cut. I was feeling like an Iron Chef. Then suddenly, I felt a scrape. And that quickly, the top right of my left index finger nail was gone. Now that was a high speed manicure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home