Friday, February 24, 2006

TRESPASSING IN THE CHI

I posted a couple of new pictures on the foto side today. They were taken at Washington and Wells in the Loop. A rational person familiar with my commute might ask what the hell I was doing at Washington and Wells in the morning. After all, I work at Columbus and Wacker and take the Brown Line, f/k/a/ the Ravenswood train into the Loop. A sensible idea would be to switch from the Brown to the Purple at Merchandise Mart and exit at State and Lake. Normally this is what I do.

This morning I got off the train at the Merchandise Mart. I waited for the Purple Line. I will swear until the day I die that the train said "Linden" on the front and had two white lights on the front, both indicia of Purple Lineness. I got on the train. The doors closed, we moved, and the voice said "this is the Brown Line, next stop, Washington and Wells." Thus, did I end up at Washington and Wells this morning. Son of a crap.

So I made lemonade out of lemons by trespassing at the parking garage on the corner and taking these pictures from the "Born in the USA" level (I kid you not).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

be thankful that you didn't make that mistake going n/b at belmont.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home