Friday, February 10, 2006

CUPCAKES AND JESUS JUICE IN CONNECTICUT

I have an album that my cousin N gave me. It is called How's Your Girl, and the artists are Handsome Boy Modeling School. In several songs, Father Guido Sarducci talks. In the Outro he says that modeling is not all "cupcakes and Jesus juice, as you might assume." This always cracks me up.

Consequently, I was shocked to see this headline: "Cops: Communion Juice That Sickened Dozens Was Tainted." I immediately thought, My God! There IS Jesus juice! Well, it turns out that at least some Baptists, particularly 40 of them in New Haven, Connecticut use grape juice instead of wine for communion. The headline was literal. The Welch's used for communion made dozens sick.

Not as cool as Sarducci's cupcakes and Jesus juice, but what the hell, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home