Friday, February 03, 2006

I MAY BE OLDER THAN I THOUGHT

Immediately after Christmas this year L and I were in Boogie. L's brother-in-law Q was there with his PlayStation Portable ("PSP") and a few games. I was smitten by the PSP unit, and was blown away by Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. I went out and got a PSP, and tried to get Grand Theft Auto. However, some low-life scum bag had stolen the last copy in the store I was at, so I just lived with other games.

Last week L proved to be the Queen of All Wives when she came home with Grand Theft Auto for me. Woo-hoo! I started playing immediately. And now I am understanding better why parenting groups are so upset with this game. Oh. My. God.

So, I discovered last night that if you kill a prostitute (and they are all over the Red Light District), you can take her money. This can be very convenient, since you need money. It is also necessary at several points in the game to kill police officers. When you beat people up their blood flies, it gets on your shoes (I'm looking at you, O.J.). And on and on and on. There are times when I am uncomfortable with the level of violence and Reservoir Dogs is one of my favorite movies.

So, long and short of it: this game rocks, but for God's sake keep it away from kids, the unstable, Italians, and anyone else prone to confuse reality and fantasy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOL'd at your mention of Italians. Those crazy pasta-eatin' guidos!

Seriously though, I really like the GTA games, but if my girlfriend or some other chick is watching me play, I feel a serious pang of shame and guilt. Regardless, I will continue to "cap those bitches" in GTA: San Andreas.

Oh, and Here We Go, Steelers!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home