Sunday, June 05, 2005

GENERATION F

I am officially declaring the baby boomers who edit the New York Times Generation F. This F stands for "fixated" because they are fixated on Iraq as another Vietnam. Today's headline in the Week in Review section is "Iraq's Ho Chi Minh Trail."

Don't get me wrong. The entire Iraqi adventure has seemed like a very poor use of precious resources to me. I recognize that the al Quida morons killing themselves in Iraq are (a) killing non-American civilians, and (b) attacking those Americans best equipped to defend themselves. Still, once North Korea has a couple of nuclear warheads a missile that may or may not be able to reach Los Angeles, I think Iraq will seem like small potatoes. Nevertheless, that does not make Iraq Vietnam. Unless of course you are writing for the New York Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home