Tuesday, October 04, 2005

PUZZLED AROUND THE GLOBE

I have previously posted about sudoku. I did not think I was particularly cutting edge at the time. I see people doing sudoku on the el all the time. I barely notice any more. Lo and behold! Again I am cooler than I realized. No mean feat, I assure you.

Today the CTA Tattler, which is about NOTHING but life on Chicago mass transit, finally noticed that people are doing sudoku on the train. I might cut tattler a little slack, since he predominantly rides the State Street subway (aka the Red Line) and it is not known for carrying a particularly scholarly typical passenger (notwithstanding that Northwestern, Loyola, and DePaul are all within a few blocks of Red or Purple Line stations).

However, in an amazing feat of synchronicity, the London Underground blog (which is about . . . commuting on the tube) also wrote today about the number of people doing sudoku on the tube. My understanding is that sudoku was big in Britain months before it hit in America. I am positive that people in the tube must have doing sudoku for a while. Why today? Why now? Is there some sort of conspiracy?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm too clueless to know what Sodoku is -- I thought he was a set-up reliever for the Yankees -- but I think it can be cured by those pictures of Vanessa Marcil. Wasn't she somehow involved in that Jordan episode with the appropriately-named "Woody"?

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>Is there some sort of conspiracy?

yes

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home