Friday, September 23, 2005

THE GREY ALBUM

I got a copy of Dangermouse's Grey Album the other day. The Grey Album is the lyrics from Jay Z's a cappela Black Album, mixed with the tunes from the Beatles' White Album. When I was a kid, my parents were hippies. I am pretty confident that I have heard every Beatles song written. In fact, I learned them and some others (Jethro Tull, Jefferson Airplane, etc.) like other kids learned "The Wheels of the Bus." I did not get into hip-hop until I got to college.

Thus, the Grey Album is an alternating flash back scene for me between my childhood, and my college years. They are both strangely hazey...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Haze can be good. Was it purple?

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
you are so lucky to have such great parents, who also had a lot of great music in the home:-o

You used to dance up a storm to those tunes:)

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home