Thursday, September 01, 2005

TWO YEARS OF POSTS AND STILL NOTHING TO SAY

This weekend will mark my second anniversary with this blog. In that time the content has morphed from my own takes on the news to my own stupid thoughts, to a combination of the two. The important thing is, I have resisted the urge to lose my fastball because of the pressure from my legions of loyal readers. For an example of what I am talking about, look at Clublife. This was a quite little blog where a guy wrote about his day at work--as a bouncer in NYC. Good stuff. Then a much more popular blog referenced him. Suddenly Rob the Bouncer was a minor celebrity. Now he is talking book deal, and his posts are all "deep." Still OK, but they have lost the free-spirited, nobody's looking feel of the writing before Rob the Bouncer became a flavor of the month.

I hereby solemnly swear to not do that to either of my readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home