Thursday, March 25, 2004

MAN'S NEWS

It is being reported all over the place that Richard Simmons slapped a man at the Phoenix airport for making a sarcastic crack about his videos. The man he is supposed to have slapped is reported to be 6'2", 250, and an ultimate fighter. I don't even know what to say about the image of Richard Simmons getting all worked up like he used to on Letterman and SLAPPING someone. I laugh every time I think about it.

Across the country, the natural consequence of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court's ruling that Massachusetts was constitutionally obliged to allow gays to have either civil unions, or marriage, or some other legally recognized form of life-sharing (for lack of a better term) has occurred. The Boston Globe reports that a Boston probate judge dissolved a Vermont civil union. This is essentially equivalent to one of the very first gay divorces. Ah, it warms the heart to know that the field of play for divorce lawyers is set to grow by the roughly 10% of the population that is gay.

Meanwhile, the Men's NCAA Tournament restarts today. My bracket is terminally screwed. Still, because we run a sort of training wheels pool where I work, in which everyone repicks from the Sweet 16 to the finals, I could still finish in the money (I think). All I can say is GO ILLINI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home