Sunday, October 12, 2003

Yeah. I knew they could not win for three reasons. First, this morning before church I drove around Wrigleyville taking pictures of cool Cubs stuff. I was planning to have pictures of the morning they won the pennant for the first time since 1945. Mistake one. Second, I decided that I could try to watch this game in public. I wanted to be able to celebrate outside of our place. Mistake two. Finally, I actually was curious about the World Series schedule. Mistake three.

I apologize to all of my fellow Cub fans. Josh Beckett was good, but it was my fault.

By the way, in heading out to take picture after dropping L off at St Al's, I stopped by a truly unique Chicago store. It is the Julius Meinl coffee shop on Southport and Addison. It is a Viennese company, and this is their sole location in the Western Hemisphere. In fact, it seems that this may be one of their two locations. If you go there, get a melange. It is unique, and great, and better than any Starbuck's you will ever have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home